The SSAA Port Macquarie Branch Inc. is a member of the Hastings Regional Shooting Complex (HRSC). The HRSC comprises a Smallbore Club, 3 Pistol Clubs, a Hunting Club and a Clay Target Club. Each Club has two Delegates on the Complex Committee.
The SSAA Port Macquarie Branch Inc. shares the 100m Multi Purpose Limited Danger Area Range with the Hunting Club. This range has 10 under cover benches, all ‘Benchrest only’ position shooting. One bench is modified for wheel chair shooters.
Targets can be set up at 25m, 50m, 75m & 100m. Shrouded metal silhouettes can be shot using .22 L/R Rimfire only. Maximum 8mm (.316″) Calibre.
The conditions for shooting at the range are:
- Observe the ‘Police Firearms Shooting Range Approval’ posted at the range.
- Observe the ‘Range Rules’ posted at the range notice board.
- The SSAA PMQ ‘Standing Orders’ are also on our Notice Board.
We shoot practice every Friday (except Good Friday) 9.30am to 1.30pm, also practice and Clay Targets each 3rd Sunday of the month, and competition each 4th Sunday of each month. Click here for our latest Post Lockdown Shoot Program.
Our Competitions are classed as follows:
- One month is ‘Benchrest’ where target & custom guns are allowed.
- Next month is ‘Hunting Class’ where only hunting guns are allowed.
- Next month is ‘Military’ and ‘Big Game’.
- All scores go into an annual point score for awarding trophies at end of year.
- We also hold the annual ‘Masters Bench Rest Competition’ which was initiated by a respected past Member and we are trying to respect his legacy. This is a full day of shooting where only the ‘Master’ wins.
Community and Support Days
Our club holds School Sports Shooting when possible (due to COVID-19 restrictions). We also sponsor the following organisations for shooting & accreditation events and these are under control of SSAA Range Officers:
- National Parks & Wildlife.
- Probus Clubs.
We are accredited as trainers for:
- Firearms Licence Safety Courses.
- DPI Game ‘R Licence’ Courses.