Announcement of CEO Resignation from the President
It is with sadness that SSAA NSW farewells Jai Rowell as our CEO effective mid-January 2024.
Jai has been a transformative leader for SSAA NSW working with the Board and myself as President and in the past 5 years has:
- Ensured the highest levels of governance for SSAA NSW,
- Led the conversion from being an incorporated Association to a company Limited by Guarantee,
- Run our advocacy ensuring that SSAA NSW is known positively across Government, Opposition, and the Crossbench to the point that SSAA NSW is regularly contacted for advice by Government and its agencies,
- Ensured that SSAA NSW has stopped unintended consequences on proposed legislative changes,
- Stabilised our financial base so more funds can be spent on Member benefits,
- Secured record amounts of funding for range improvements,
- Secured new ranges,
- Improved the performance of various units within the organisation,
- Introduced improved systems within SSAA NSW,
- Assisted with the Industry Training Specialist – (Registered Training Organisation),
- Developed a talented team of staff supporting members,
Jai has worked above and beyond in his substantive role and has held the following roles:
- CEO / Executive Director – SSAA NSW,
- Company Secretary – SSAA NSW,
- Director of SSAA National,
- Member SSAA National Finance Committee,
- Member SSAA National Legal Oversight Committee,
- Member SSAA National Legislative Action Committee
- Member SSAA National Disciplines Committee
- Founding Director of SSAA Mutual Pty Ltd – The discretionary Mutual fund that has already seen 80,000 customers in its first 12 months operation,
- Director of SSAA Insurance Brokerage Pty Ltd,
- General Manager – St Marys Indoor Shooting Centre,
- Company Secretary – SSAA Pty Ltd,
- General Manager – SSAA NSW Auburn Shooting Centre,
- Board Member – NSW Game and Pest Board – DPI – NSW Government,
- Regularly appointed to ad-hoc groups within Government agencies to assist the shooting sports, hunting and game and pest management,
- and the list goes on and on.
The above is just a small snapshot of what Jai has achieved, and the work undertaken. With his legal and financial skills, he has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars and provided strategic direction for SSAA NSW.
Jai is highly respected amongst the Board, Members, Branches, Affiliate Clubs and stakeholders and has been instrumental in improving the culture within SSAA NSW and the perception of SSAA NSW externally.
Whilst we are sad to see Jai leave the role as our CEO, he leaves with the SSAA NSW’s best wishes for his new external employment opportunity. We also take this opportunity to thank his wife Belinda and sons for sharing him with us.
Jai has indicated that he is happy to assist SSAA NSW wherever possible albeit as a volunteer. He will continue to be a member and keep up with his shooting.
Jai will work with myself and the Board for a smooth transition and ensure it is business as usual.
Working with Jai has been an absolute pleasure, and I am sure that everyone will join me in thanking him for his fantastic service to SSAA NSW and the shooting sports.
Jai will write to members separately soon and please do not hesitate to send him an email and join us wishing him well for the future.
The SSAA NSW Board are meeting this weekend to discuss a transition to a new CEO, and we will keep you updated.
President, SSAA NSW